In a conversation with someone recently I realized that:
- Sometimes a woman wants to work on a project and her colleague can only think of having sex with her. She has an agenda and so does he but they are worlds apart.
- Sometimes attraction, desire for sex & feeling of love are more about someone desiring to have or connect with a quality or characteristic of the other individual. In other words, an emotional connection is desired but it is confused with a physical desire.
- Sometimes men use sweetness, in words & action, to try to get their way with an attractive woman. Sometimes they use criticism, sophisticated manipulation techniques to scare a woman into being with them.
- Sometimes women have no options available to them when a man is trying to get with them because of limitations of time, resources and trusting-relationships.
- Sometimes when a woman is being abused and goes for help she is told that she is the problem and so the abuse continues.
- A man’s efforts to get his way with a woman can rob her of her sense of self and her personal stability.
- Sometimes even the most kind-hearted man can be manipulated by other not-so-kind men and end up treating women in a way he wouldn’t normally do, if not for the promptings of his off-kilter companions.
- Sometimes a woman is being abused by more than one person at once, leaving her without a place to turn to for real help.
- Sometimes a negative pattern which starts in childhood can last long into adulthood until it is consciously changed with daily effort.
- Sometimes one significant and traumatic event can effect decision-making and character for the rest of someone’s life.
- Sometimes there’s a lot more to be said than what can be contained in 12 bullet-points.
- But an article has to end at one point or another. That’s just the way it is. 🙂